Thursday, September 28, 2006

Philly girl

I did find a friend in the gym... no points for guessing that she is someone who laughs at my jokes. I am blessed or what. When I saw her, I almost jumped up and kissed her in sheer glee. It can happen to the best of the people when they haven’t interacted with anyone other than a grocer for weeks. Actually she seemed equally desperate which explains her enthusiasm to wake me up at 6 in the morning to chat up. Do I have to admit it that I made her call? When she said she thought there were theives in her house and she got up, locked her bedroom door and went back to sleep, I knew we would get along.

Today she stunned me by suddenly asking me if I blogged as Alpha. I thought it was a very well concealed fact barring a few hundred individuals who know I blog as Alpha but who don’t even read my blog.

As the story goes, this newfound friend of mine was gloating about meeting me (yeah me) to her oldfound friend in Philly (Philly girl) ‘This girl is nuts, needs her eyebrows trimmed, almost kissed me ..yeah here, has red eyes, doesn’t exercise in the gym and just moved from Chicago, claims to be married but looks like a teenager (the last bit I made up).’ Now Philly girl is into something sinister and illegal, which makes her read my blog on regular basis. So she said, ‘Oh that is Alpha.’ Just like that! My freaking real identity got compromised by my blog identity. Not really complaining as I did get a healthy dose of on-behalf compliments from Philly girl. Thank you, thank you. I swear this world is round- the size of a golf ball.

7 comments:

Who am I?? I'm Spiderman!! said...

You sometimes think about stuff like that...but you never really think it would happen!

It so surreal. Anyways, I think it say something about the popularity of your blog!

Anonymous said...

Ayyo, that is really my adutha veettu maami's daughter !

She was jusstttt telling me all about this girl her daughter met in Philly, just moved from Chi........

Anonymous said...

Yay!
You're famous. And the Pitts love you!!!

-star

anantha said...

Enga oorla, they used to call this - Over Bhoja!

Sheeba said...

Oh! Dont you hate it when you move to a new place, the plans to start afresh and come off as "sane" to people are thwarted by your notoriety! :))

I felt like that when I moved to Seattle and some ppl at work knew me due to common friends! :(

Anonymous said...

And I believe the compliments are all well-deserved. Have a fun trip!

Unknown said...

ananthakku endha ooru? pechellam matha oora vida vidhyaasamaa dhaan irukku