Can't believe its been 5 years since my last update on this blog. An activity that used to consume most of my time had been reduced to nothingness.
- Obligation to write a few lines which kept my writing going
- Keeping my mind active and entertained in a positive way
- Meeting some cool people through blogging.
- Writing anonymously helped me to vent out without remorse.
- Productivity hadn't improved in the last 5 years
Unfortunaltely, I stopped blogging because I felt that all my wonderful writing was going in vain when Chetan Bhagat was publishing crappy books. So could I. But try as I may, I couldnt compete with that guy and slowly Facebook caught up and satiated my craving for a written word and instant gratification. Now a bit jaded by the sappy updates from my friends on facebook and jealous relatives thinking that I lead a charming life, I am hoping to phase out of FB a bit and give blogging another try. Also, I hate 'likes' on FB. Write something idiot!
Meanwhile an update on the last four years-
1. Got a dog (Jeeves) in Pittsburgh in December 2009- Cute black Lab who kept us entertained and made us proud with his capability of learning new tricks. He was a such a star!
2. Left the dog back in Pittsburgh because he has a medical condition that couldn't afford him to fly back with us to India. Very saddening but got adopted by a friend and Jeeves now leads a good life.
3. Yes, we returned to India on July 2010
4. Because my mom got the dreaded Cancer. I was heart broken.
5. Transfered with same company to work for Bangalore Airport. This kept my mind occupied.
6. Spent time in India shuttling between work and hospitals. Was tough and draining.
7. Mom gave up and passed away on November 21st 2011. Finally she got relief from the torture in the name of Chemo.
8. Dad contracted Pancreatic Cancer and succumbed to it on January 4th 2012. My dad had suffered a while because of other ailments. Emphysema. So his death didnt come as that much shock to us. But I also felt so alone.
9. Took some time getting over the above.The memory of them dying in front of me haunted me every night. Work helped. Friends helped. Hubby helped. Travel helped. I had to move on.
10. Did some amazing treks in Nepal and India- Annapurna Base Camp, Everest Base Camp, Indrahar pass. Fell in love with Hampi.
11. Bought a piece of land in Bangalore and started construction of our house.
12. Moved to Delhi on September 2013. Wasnt too happy about it.
13. Discovered Delhi through William Dalrymple. Became a fan- of both the writer and the city
14. Published two articles in India Today- Travel Plus. Quite kicked about it.
15. Adopted baby boy. The BEST thing to happen yet.
Life may have been challenging...but there's one thing I can say - There was never a dull moment. Except when I read Chetan Bhagat. Confession- I even read that Anu Aunty book and that 'If God was a Banker' book. *spending time on Facebook seems cool in comparison*.