Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Garbage Salad

When I longed to relive my childhood days, I wasn’t thinking of exams. I will never hope for such preposterous things again. Eight hours of squirming in the seat made me realize I have more patience than I thought I did. I fully expected to murder one of the proctors. I didn’t and I won’t discuss it further. It’s over, that’s all. Results will be out in four months and I fully expect you all to forget that I ever wrote an exam (seems like I never let you forget even if you want to). If I never bring up the topic again, please be prudent and never ask me what happened.

But weeks before the exam, I had already started dreaming of all the cool things I would be doing after. I will vehemently deny that my exam performance has anything to do with my daydreams that occupied more space in my mind than formulae. I had visions of the heavens bursting, the birds chirping my name and the world becoming a better place to live (read extra daytime minutes on my cell phone plan). You know something, nothing of that sort happened. This is worse than an anticlimax. The exam got over and I was like ‘Yay. Now what?’ You would think that all my friends whom I avoided on the studying pretext would form some kind of stampede to spend quality time with me. Nope. You would expect hubby to let me have all the money to go shop. Nope. You would expect my bathroom to self clean itself. No freaking way. I had to clean it myself.

I have been busier after the exam. Exam preparation served me with ample time to relax with my feet up and make excuses to do nothing but whine. It was actually wonderful. If my whole life were about preparing for non-existent exams, I would have postponed everything for the creature in my next birth. Now I am paying the price. All procrastinated things came back to haunt me at once. Need to meet new niece in DC, need to clean my ears so that I can wax my legs, need to cook, need to hatch plans on how to avoid cooking, need to get involved in professional societies for networking purposes (gag), need to buy clothes for new fatter me, need to find place for tighter clothes in hopes of using them soon, need to bike all around Chicago, need to repair bike, need to see if bike still exists, need to think if I actually own a bike, need to understand why I have a clock that shows Istanbul time, need to learn how to manage time and clocks.

So I am in the process of sorting life. Last time when I did that, I lost track of everything.

31 comments:

shub said...

tsk tsk...and I thought used ear wax to make aromatherapy candles! :p


me done with exams for life too! :D

Alpha said...

fishy: better not give me another thing on my to-do list. kuchi ice. now you better start blogging too since you have a page...blank sheets shouldn't be empty for too long or else we'll think the letters faded away.

shub: don't say that too fast..i thought i was done with exams after 3rd grade. but my parents wanted me to go for higher studies.

Anonymous said...

you should have gone for some vocational training then.

"hire studies" > "higher studies"

- s.b.

anantha said...

Alpha: New neice in DC? Wow.. brother is fast, is he? Or are we talking about scandals here? :D

Alpha said...

s.b.- no exams being the key. i'd rather prefer vacational training.

anti: cousin's kid would qualify as niece i hope. it better not be my bro..there are somethings that would scandalise even me.

Kowshic said...

Ha! back to business eh?! So which game did you watch? The one sucky pirates won or the one what they do best, loosing?

Alpha said...

don't know who won, but we got free pirate's fleece blankets. so it was all worth it!

Anonymous said...

Fiiiinallly!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay! You are seriously, seriously phunny. Past few days and some nights I have neglected my Dog, child and hubby(Yes, in that very order) to feverishly read all your posts dating from way back god-knows-when but it was all worth it. I laughed like I have'nt in a longish time.( Yup, I lead a boring life:-))

If you lived closeby here in Texas I would've abducted you and given you the place of honor in our living room( where our TV stands).Keep writing.

Kowshic said...

Oh, we have a fantaic, brewing....

Alpha said...

vc: finally i can do your eyebrows!

deepa: awww.so sweet you be. Thanks. Such honor to get abducted. I don't think I can flicker and blare like a TV. I do turn off though.

dna: what is a fantaic?

Kowshic said...

Nitpicking...bah!

Anonymous said...

What's the title supposed to mean? You're in the process of sorting life, and not garbage, surely?

Alpha said...

parmanu: When life starts resembling a garbage salad (there is something like that in the menu that I have eaten recently. people eat anything)... it probably should be devoured without seperating the lettuce from the mushrooms.

garbage sorting can be profitable too. I might find my other shoe.

anantha said...

Hmm...

Mrudula Sreekanth said...

Congratulations on finishing your exams.Will surely make it a point to ask you the result in 4 months time. :P

Now I hope, we will see frequent posts as you are technically "free". ;)

Anonymous said...

So you grew fat studying ???

Anonymous said...

When your sort and lose track, delete everything. Then undelete. It comes back to normal.

Dreamcatcher said...

I always dream about sleeping till noon when exams end.

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back Alpha !

I got done with my semester too ... now I'm off to maine for a stress-busting vacation :)

GratisGab said...

Omigod, I dont know how I used that name! Sorry!

anantha said...

Gabby: Its ok re. Just this once :) She better not tell you anything. You are the mom of the groom ;)

Anonymous said...

I want immediate addresal of this situation.

./w

AmitL said...

LOL..Twin,good to hear that your exams are over.And,glad they reminded you of childhood.How well did you write them?And,how do you expect to fare in the exams?LOL at all that 'did not happen' after the exams...B+ though...things should change.As for the other thought collection,hope your bike-gets-repaired-and-you-go-cycling-and-lose-wt-and-meet-niece-clean-ears-blah-blah..btw,seriously,u want a seven day diet?It's pretty effective.Can email it to u.:)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good to have you back. And as bad as ever.

Alpha said...

hardu, trust you to remember! bah!

bloghopper, dont you know books are high calorie.

anon- sure sure!

dreamcatcher- you always dream?

patrix- why connect the two incidents? I think you were kanjoos to buy tents for your maine hiking trip.

ash- good to see you too...have fun in maine.

w./- which situation? i had mentioned many such situations.

gabby: its ok vaishali shekar! :) We are waiting for a call when maharaja is sleeping. oh, forgot you stare at him then. Ok, we'll catch up when he's off to college.

ancul: is that beter than anti.

amit: exam was ok..ok being a subjective term. 7-day diet send..why diet? is there someway i can lose weight by watcing movies?

lee: bad? darn..i need to do more damage.

Chitra said...

"need to clean my ears so that I can wax my legs"....HYUCK HYUCK ....me ROTFL (as usual)!!

Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a the world violent video games site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!